Search

Tortoises saved after heat lamp sparked fire in Ashford

PUBLISHED: 09:14 20 October 2017

Tortoise

Tortoise

This content is subject to copyright.

Crews were called to Faversham Road, Kennington on Thursday morning

Three tortoises were saved by fire crews after a heat lamp sparked a blaze in a vivarium in Ashford.

Firefighters were called to a property in Faversham Road, Kennington just before 8.30am on Thursday after the smoke alarm sounded.

The tortoises, who appeared to be uninjured, were taken to safety by crews, but their vivarium was severely damaged by fire.

Firefighters cleared smoke from the home using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Other popular content

Wed, 14:31

Stanford Parish Council chair Matthew Webb has led the fight against the proposals since they were first announced in 2015

Wed, 11:14

KCC faces a drastic shortage in Year 7 places in the town over the next few years

Friday, November 10, 2017

Water levels have lowered significantly in recent days

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Temporary cuts to services have been in place since June and are not likely to return until the new year

Digital edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
Kent Life Food & Drink awards 2016. Open for entries.

Most read

Local business directory

Kent's trusted business finder