October 22 2014 Latest news:
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Fire crews use breathing apparatus to tackle flames
A fire broke out in a fish and chip shop in Maidstone on Saturday afternoon - with emergency crews forced to wear breathing apparatus to tackle the flames.
The blaze broke out in the shop at around 12.15pm in Sutton Road.
The fire was on the ground floor of the two-storey building.
Firefighters extinguished the flames by 1.25pm but remained on the scene into the afternoon to dampen down hotspots.
News, sport, video, blogs and local information
where you live...
max temp: 12°C
min temp: 8°C