Search

$120,000 raised for family of Julian Cadman, 7, killed in Barcelona terror attack

PUBLISHED: 10:10 22 August 2017

Julian Alessandro Cadman, seven. Family handout/PA Wire.

Julian Alessandro Cadman, seven. Family handout/PA Wire.

Fundraisers have set a goal of one million US dollars to help the family of the boy who went to Chiddingstone Nursery near Edenbridge

More than $120,000 has already been raised for the family of Julian Cadman - the seven-year-old boy killed in last week’s Barcelona terror attack.

A dual British-Australian national who went to Chiddingstone Nursery near Edenbridge, Julian became separated from his mother in the massacre on Las Ramblas that left 13 dead and at least 120 injured.

His Filipina mother, known as Jom, was badly injured in the rampage and remains in hospital.

A fundraising page, with a goal of one million US dollars (£776,564), was created on Sunday with money from supporters rolling in minute-after-minute.

Scott Bowman set up the page and said: “Andrew, Jom and Julian are a normal Aussie family whose lives have been devastated by the recent tragedy in Barcelona.

“Like all families they are paying a mortgage, bills and other sundries.

“As you can imagine there will be ongoing medical costs to get Jom back to full health.

“Many people have been asking how they may support the family at this time. We are asking for any contribution for those that may wish to help.

“This will assist with additional medical and funeral costs for the family.”

In a statement confirming his death, the boy’s family said: “Julian was a much-loved and adored member of our family.

“As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us.

“He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces.

“We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts.”

Other popular content

Wed, 14:31

Stanford Parish Council chair Matthew Webb has led the fight against the proposals since they were first announced in 2015

Wed, 11:14

KCC faces a drastic shortage in Year 7 places in the town over the next few years

Friday, November 10, 2017

Water levels have lowered significantly in recent days

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Temporary cuts to services have been in place since June and are not likely to return until the new year

Digital edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
Kent Life Food & Drink awards 2016. Open for entries.

Most read

Local business directory

Kent's trusted business finder